Granite is one of the largest construction companies in North America and has earned a reputation for excellence since its inception 100 years ago.
To support its growth for the next century, Granite Construction is actively pursuing mergers & acquisitions, leading to additional brands becoming a part of the Granite family of brands. Granite selected The Blake Project to establish a set of rules and a brand architecture to help them decide the following for its current portfolio of brands and for all future brand acquisitions:
- What the overall architecture should be
- How to treat acquired brands
- How to relate sub-brands to the Granite brand
- How aggressively to transition other brands to the Granite identity
- How to treat sub-brands when they are necessary
- Appropriate naming conventions
To date our work has been instrumental in helping the leadership team manage the portfolio through several acquisitions.