Paul Friederichsen has spent the vast majority of his 30-year career helping advertising agencies build and communicate value. As a creative director and marketing strategist he helped drive client results for agencies such as McCaffery and McCall (a Saatchi & Saatchi agency), Earle Palmer Brown and The Hauser Group. He also served as a client-side marketer for the in house agency of Ross Laboratories, a division of Abbot Laboratories, where in the management tier, he was responsible for creative strategy.
Paul has helped shaped the fortunes of emerging, national and global brands including The Home Depot, where he played a critical role in brand development for more than a decade. Working closely with the client he developed proprietary brands through every phase from brand strategy, naming and brand identity standards to packaging and merchandising. His work was instrumental in the launch of the TrafficMaster brand, recognized as one of the most successful launches in company history.
Paul’s strategic and creative work is diverse and has had a major influence on the growth of brands such as ITT Technical Institute, Jenn Air Appliances, Royal Oak Charcoal, Dixie Crystals Sugar, Absorbine Equine Division, Southern Company, Shaw, Uniden, and RCA and GE consumer electronics.
At The Blake Project, Paul leads our brand strategy consulting work with advertising agencies, public relations, digital and design firms through engagements structured to help overcome the challenges of a highly competitive industry. With his rich perspective on the challenges of the agency business model he is uniquely suited for this work.
Paul began delivering his expertise as a marketing consultant in 2005 and has been described by associates and clients as a catalyst for differentiation and growth through his unique approach and deep understanding of both the creative and strategic process.
In addition, he coauthors BrandingStrategyInsider.com, one of the top 50 marketing resources on the Internet according to Advertising Age with 45,000+ marketers visiting daily.
Interesting facts about Paul Friederichsen:
- His work has taken him to many points around the globe.
- He is a contributing writer for The New York Daily News on the topic of brands.
- He has served as a judge for the National Addy Awards in Washington DC and has judged Addy competitions in various cities.
- He lived and worked for several years in Columbus, Ohio, saw a game in the “Horseshoe” and thus remains a Buckeye fan to this day.
- A former runner, he is now active in the Atlanta Track Club as a crew chief in their three largest events.
- He and his wife have five kids and (thankfully) they are all through college.
- One of his children attended culinary school -- Paul is now on a diet.
- He grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee and lives and works in Atlanta, Georgia.