Derrick is The Blake Project’s Managing Partner and serves as a Senior Brand Strategist. He has spent the past 20+ years helping organizations release the full potential of their brands. His experience is as extensive as it is diverse, encompassing the disciplines of brand strategy, advertising, sales promotion and public relations. At The Blake Project he manages daily operations and serves in the delivery of brand stewardship services as a senior consultant.
Prior to launching The Blake Project in 2003, Derrick held rewarding leadership roles at Saatchi & Saatchi, the world’s leading advertising agency as well as at three other respected agencies. He credits his focus on brand strategy with his ability to align organizations with unmet customer needs.
He has co-lead the brand strategy effort for many diverse and respected brands, including Abbott, FootJoy, National Parks of New York Harbor (Statue of Liberty et. al.), Wyndham Hotels Worldwide and the City of Tampa, Florida
Derrick is quoted regularly in the business press in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Adweek, Yahoo News, BusinessWeek, Inc. Magazine, London Times and has been a nationally featured brand management expert on ABC News. He publishes and co-authors Branding Strategy Insider, one of the most recognized resources on brand management and writes on various marketing topics for the American Express small business forum ‘OPEN’, and a range of industry-specific publications. He was recently selected to serve as an expert on BusinessWeek’s online marketing panel.
Interesting facts about Derrick Daye:
- Derrick is a 'Mainer.' Raised in Maine he remains loyal to the Maine lobster brand.
- Derrick has traveled to more than 25 countries and has lived and worked in four.
- Derrick is the Great Nephew of Captain Robert Bartlett, a hero of epic proportions who trekked 700 miles by foot through Siberia and over the Bering Strait to rescue his fellow shipmates in the 1913 disastrous Karluk Expedition.
- Derrick enjoys skiiing, camping, hiking and basketball.
- Derrick was once locked in a dressing room with 80's pop star Richard Marx. Yes he made it out.
- Derrick is an avid reader and enjoys Indy films.